Today’s Dealmaster is headlined by a good discount on Sony’s WH-1000XM4, as the wireless noise-canceling headphones are currently down to $278 at various retailers. That’s roughly $70 off Sony’s MSRP, about $45 off the average street price we’ve tracked online, and it’s tied for the largest price drop we’ve seen from a reputable retailer. We’ve seen this deal a few times since the headphones launched last August, including during the most recent set of Black Friday sales.
Clunky name aside, the WH-1000XM4 is our recommend pick for noise-canceling headphones for most people. The phones do a tremendous job of blocking outside noise, with a design that’s comfortable enough to wear for hours at a time, a strong 30+ hours of battery life, USB-C charging, and multidevice pairing, among other useful features. In terms of audio quality, they have a more bass-focused, consumer-friendly sound by default, but Sony’s convenient companion app includes an EQ tool that lets you create a more neutral sound if you’d like.
Competitors like Bose’s Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (which are also on sale today) offer clearer call quality and the ability to adjust the strength of its noise cancellation, while Apple’s AirPods Max is one of the few wireless pairs that can approach the XM4 in terms of pure noise-canceling strength. Those are both strong choices, but for most people in search of a premium set of wireless headphones, we think Sony’s pair has the best blend of comfort, features, performance, and, especially at this price, value.
If you’re already happy with your headphones, though, our deals roundup also has discounts on the Nintendo Switch Lite and Nintendo Switch accessories, monitors from Dell and LG, external storage, wireless mice, and more. You can check out the full rundown below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Apple MacBook Pro (late 2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $1,149.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout—normally $1,299).
- Google Pixelbook Go laptop—Intel Core i5-8200Y, 13.3-inch 1920×1080, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD for $790.54 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $849).
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano laptop—Intel Core i5-1130G7, 13-inch 2160×1350, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1,150 at Lenovo (use code: THINKDEAL—normally $1,350).
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet 2-in-1 tablet—MediaTek Helio P60T, 10.1-inch 1920×1200, 4GB RAM, 128GB eMMC for $249 at Best Buy (normally $299).
- 27-inch Dell S2721D monitor—2560×1440, 75Hz, IPS, FreeSync for $199.99 at Dell and Amazon (normally $250).
- 27-inch LG 27GN800-B gaming monitor—2560×1440, 144Hz, IPS, FreeSync for $346.99 at Amazon and BuyDig (normally $385).
- Seagate Expansion (10TB) desktop external HDD for $169.99 at Amazon, Adorama, and B&H (normally $190).
- Seagate IronWolf (6TB) NAS internal HDD for $134.99 at Amazon (normally $160).
- SK Hynix Gold P31 (500GB) PCIe Gen 3 NVMe internal SSD for $67.49 at Amazon (clip 10% coupon—normally $75).
- SK Hynix Gold P31 (1TB) PCIe Gen 3 NVMe internal SSD for $121.49 at Amazon (clip 10% coupon—normally $135).
- Crucial P5 (500GB) PCIe Gen 3 NVMe internal SSD for $61.99 at Amazon (normally $72).
- Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) PCIe 4.0 NVMe internal SSD for $199.99 at Amazon (normally $230).
- Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 desktop computer speakers for $89.99 at Amazon (normally $121).
Video game deals
- Star Wars: Squadrons (PC, digital) for $19.99 at Amazon and Steam (normally $35).
- Hitman 3 (PS5, Xbox) for $49.94 at Amazon (normally $60).
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS5, PS4, Xbox, Switch) for $29.88 at Amazon (normally $40).
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5) for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $40).
- Resident Evil 2 (PS4) for $17.99 at Amazon (normally $22).
- Death Stranding (PS4) for $19.99 at GameStop (normally $30).
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time (PS4, Xbox, used) for $26.99 at GameFly (use code: MAR21SALE—normally $40).
- Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition (Xbox, digital) for $4.49 at Microsoft (also on Xbox Game Pass—normally $10).
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition (Xbox, PS4, digital) for $31.99 at Microsoft (also on Xbox Game Pass—normally $40).
- Final Fantasy VII (Xbox, PS4, digital) for $7.99 at Microsoft (also on Xbox Game Pass—normally $16).
- The Last Guardian (PS4, digital) for $12.99 at PlayStation Store (normally $20).
TV and home entertainment deals
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $278 at Amazon and Adorama (normally $321).
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (Soapstone) Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $299 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $365).
- Sony WH-1000XM3 (2018 model) Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $199.99 at Focus Camera (use code: BDTHANKS—normally $330).
- Beats Solo Pro Bluetooth on-ear noise-canceling headphones for $169.99 at eBay and Best Buy (normally $270).
- Beats Powerbeats Pro true wireless sports earphones for $169.99 at Best Buy (normally $200).
- Jabra Elite 45h Bluetooth on-ear headphones for $69.99 at Amazon (normally $95).
- Aukey EP-T32 true wireless sports earphones for $27.49 at Amazon (clip 45% coupon—normally $47).
- SanDisk Extreme (500GB) external portable SSD for $89.99 at Amazon (normally $95).
- Samsung T7 (500GB) external portable SSD for $79.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $85).
- Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II wireless keyboard for $77.39 at Lenovo (use code: XTRA10ACC—normally $86).
- Logitech MX Master 2S wireless office mouse for $49.99 at Lenovo (use code: MXMASTER50—normally $70).
- Apple Watch Series 6 (44mm, Red) smartwatch for $379.99 at Amazon (normally $410).
- TCL 10L (64GB) unlocked smartphone for $174.99 at Amazon (clip $75 coupon—normally $250).
- Aukey DR02 1080p car dash cam for $48.98 at Amazon (normally $70).
Smart home device deals
Accessories and miscellaneous deals
- Apple Magic Keyboard for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd/4th gen) for $249.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout—normally $330).
- Apple Smart Folio (White) case for 10.9-inch iPad Air (4th gen) for $39 at Amazon (normally $79).
- Anker PowerWave Stand (2-pack) Qi wireless charging stand—10W Galaxy/7.5W iPhone, no AC charger for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $36).
- DJI Osmo Pocket handheld camera—12 MP, 4K@60Hz video for $199 at Amazon (normally $270).
- Jackery Explorer 500 portable power station—500W, 518wH, 3x USB-A, AC, 12V car outlet for $419.99 at Jackery (normally $500).
- Logitech Slim Folio keyboard case for iPad (8th/7th gen) for $84.99 at Amazon (normally $97).
- LapGear Sidekick lap desk with phone holder for $14.99 at Amazon (fits up to 15.6-inch laptops—normally $20).