Today’s rendition of the Dealmaster has discounts on a number of gadgets we at the Ars Orbiting HQ have previously recommended. Eufy’s Indoor Cam 2K, one of our favorite indoor security cameras for those on a budget, is $10 off, for instance, while UE’s crisp-sounding and rugged Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth speaker is down to $65. Multiple SKUs of Apple’s impressive M1 MacBook Air are on sale, as is Anker’s compact PowerPort III Nano USB-C fast charger. A number of PC games we like, including recent Ars GOTY Hades, Control, and Celeste, are deeply discounted as part of Steam’s ongoing Summer Sale, while Switch owners can get the lowest price we’ve tracked on the Ars-approved Monster Hunter Rise.
Elsewhere, Microsoft’s recently upgraded Xbox Game Pass Ultimate service is still $15 off for past or current subscribers, while Apple’s high-end AirPods Max headphones are $60 off, bringing them down to $490. That’s still pricey, but it’s a new low all the same. We also have deals on Audible subscriptions, Dyson vacuums, Nest thermostats, and more, all of which you can find in our curated roundup below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $899.99 at Amazon (normally $960).
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1,099.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout—normally $1,200).
- Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 2-in-1 laptop—Intel Core i3-10110U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $339.99 at Amazon (normally $390).
- Apple Back to School Sale: get Apple AirPods true wireless earbuds + 20% off AppleCare+ with purchase of select Mac and iPad products at Apple.
- Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX computer speaker system for $69.99 at Walmart (normally $110).
Video game deals
- Monster Hunter Rise (Switch) for $49.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $60).
- Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch) for $50.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $60).
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! (Switch) for $34.99 at Best Buy (normally $50).
- Demon’s Souls (PS5) for $49.94 at Amazon, GameStop, and Walmart (normally $70).
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Xbox, PS4) for $29.99 at Amazon and Target (also on Game Pass—normally $40).
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox) for $24.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $33).
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS4, PS5) for $39.88 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $60).
- The Nioh Collection (PS5) for $49.94 at Amazon, GameStop, and Walmart (normally $65).
- Scarlet Nexus (PS4, PS5, Xbox) for $49.94 at Amazon, Walmart, and Target (normally $60).
- Guacamelee! 2 Complete (Xbox, digital) for $4.49 at Microsoft (base game on Game Pass—normally $22).
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS5) for $4.99 at PlayStation Store (normally $20).
- Hitman 3 (PS4, Xbox, used) for $24.99 at GameFly (normally $50).
Steam Summer Sale deals
TV and home entertainment deals
- UE Wonderboom 2 portable Bluetooth speaker for $64.99 at AT&T (normally $85).
- Apple AirPods Max Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $489.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $549).
- Beats Flex Bluetooth in-ear headphones for $39 at Amazon, Target, and Sam’s Club (normally $45).
- SanDisk Extreme (500GB) portable external SSD for $84.99 at Amazon, Adorama, and B&H (normally $90).
- Eufy Indoor Cam 2K indoor security camera for $29.99 at Amazon (clip $4 coupon—normally $40).
- Eufy Smart Scale P1 wireless digital scale for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $40).
- Google Nest Thermostat smart thermostat for $99.98 at Amazon, Target, and Adorama (normally $130).
- Google Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd gen) smart thermostat for $199 at Amazon, Target, and Walmart (normally $250).
- Google Nest Hello 1600×1200 smart video doorbell for $149 at Target, Sam’s Club, and Walmart (normally $229).
- Dyson V8 Absolute cordless stick vacuum for $349.99 at Dyson (normally $450).
- TP-Link Archer A7 (refurb) 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi router for $29.99 (normally $58).