Today’s Dealmaster is headlined by a notable deal on the Nintendo Switch Lite. As of this writing, those who purchase Nintendo’s portable game console at its usual MSRP of $199 can receive another $20 in-store credit at no extra cost.
At GameStop and Best Buy, this comes in the form of an e-gift card that will be emailed to you after your purchase. At Amazon, you’ll have to use the code “8RLOZI4Z5INC” to redeem a $20 promotional credit, either at checkout or through a drop-down on the Switch Lite’s product page. Amazon will then apply the credit to your account within seven days. Just note that Amazon’s terms and conditions say the credit will expire 60 days after it’s been applied, so you’ll want to spend it shortly after taking advantage of the deal. Either way, this is a good opportunity for those who have been interested in the console to pick up a nifty bonus along the way, as traditional discounts on the Switch Lite have been exceedingly rare since the device launched in late 2019.
As a refresher, the Switch Lite is the lighter and more portable version of Nintendo’s ultrapopular game machine. It offers a 5.5-inch display compared to the standard Switch’s 6.2-inch panel and weighs about 30 percent less. The main functional difference is that it’s an entirely portable machine—its “Joy-Con” controllers aren’t detachable, it doesn’t have a kickstand or vibration motor, and it can’t be docked up to a TV or monitor. The smaller size means it loses a little bit of battery life compared to the latest model of the normal Switch, too—about 3-7 hours here, compared to 4.5-9 hours on the bigger model. But the rest of its internal hardware is virtually identical to the regular Switch, meaning it can play the same library of games with no drop in performance (games that require a detached Joy-Con to be played notwithstanding).
Beyond that, the Lite’s display has the same 720p resolution as before, it adds a genuine d-pad (which is far more comfortable), and its face buttons are softer and less noisy. Most notably, the whole thing runs $100 cheaper than the larger model. All told, Ars’ Senior Gaming Editor Kyle Orland called the Switch Lite the “best portable system Nintendo has ever made” in our launch review, so if you don’t plan on using the Switch on your TV, want to save some cash, and aren’t waiting to see what Nintendo’s rumored “Switch Pro” model will look like, it’s a worthwhile purchase.
If you aren’t looking to buy a new Switch, though, we also have deals on our top pick among wireless noise-canceling headphones, excellent indoor security cameras and gaming headsets for those on a budget, Roku’s latest high-end media streamer, Lego kits, and much more. You can take a look at our full roundup below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Apple MacBook Pro (late 2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $1,149.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout—normally $1,299).
- Google Pixelbook Go laptop—Intel Core i5-8200Y, 13.3-inch 1920×1080, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD for $791.87 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $849).
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano laptop—Intel Core i5-1130G7, 13-inch 2160×1350, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1,150 at Lenovo (use code: THINKDEAL—normally $1,350).
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet 2-in-1 tablet—MediaTek Helio P60T, 10.1-inch 1920×1200, 4GB RAM, 128GB eMMC for $249 at Best Buy (normally $299).
- 27-inch Dell S2721D monitor—2560×1440, 75Hz, IPS, FreeSync for $199.99 at Dell and Amazon (normally $250).
- 27-inch LG 27GN800-B gaming monitor—2560×1440, 144Hz, IPS, FreeSync for $346.99 at Amazon and BuyDig (normally $385).
- SK Hynix Gold P31 (500GB) PCIe Gen 3 NVMe internal SSD for $67.49 at Amazon (clip 10% coupon—normally $75).
- SK Hynix Gold P31 (1TB) PCIe Gen 3 NVMe internal SSD for $121.49 at Amazon (clip 10% coupon—normally $135).
- Crucial P5 (500GB) PCIe Gen 3 NVMe internal SSD for $61.99 at Amazon (normally $72).
- Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) PCIe 4.0 NVMe internal SSD for $199.74 at Amazon (normally $230).
- Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 desktop computer speakers for $89.99 at Amazon (normally $121).
Video game deals
- Hitman 3 (PS5, Xbox) for $49.94 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $60).
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS5, PS4, Xbox, Switch) for $29.88 at Amazon (normally $40).
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5) for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $40).
- Resident Evil 2 (PS4) for $17.99 at Amazon (normally $22).
- Death Stranding (PS4) for $19.99 at GameStop (normally $30).
- Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition (Xbox, digital) for $4.49 at Microsoft (also on Xbox Game Pass—normally $10).
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition (Xbox, PS4, digital) for $31.99 at Microsoft and PlayStation Store (also on Xbox Game Pass—normally $40).
- Final Fantasy VII (Xbox, PS4, digital) for $7.99 at Microsoft and PlayStation Store (also on Xbox Game Pass—normally $16).
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4, digital) for $12.49 at PlayStation Store (normally $20).
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (PS5, PS4, digital) for $29.99 at PlayStation Store (normally $45).
TV and home entertainment deals
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones for $278 at Amazon and Adorama (normally $321).
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (Soapstone) Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $299 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $365).
- Sony WH-1000XM3 (2018 model) Bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones for $199.99 at Focus Camera (use code: BDTHANKS—normally $330).
- Beats Solo Pro Bluetooth on-ear noise-cancelling headphones for $169.99 at eBay and Best Buy (normally $270).
- Jabra Elite 45h Bluetooth on-ear headphones for $69.99 at Amazon (normally $95).
- Jabra Move Style Edition Bluetooth on-ear headphones for $24.99 at eBay via Jabra (normally $80).
- Aukey EP-T32 true wireless sports earphones for $27.49 at Amazon (clip 45% coupon—normally $47).
- SanDisk Extreme (500GB) external portable SSD for $89.99 at Amazon (normally $95).
- Samsung T7 (500GB) external portable SSD for $79.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $85).
- Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II wireless keyboard for $77.39 at Lenovo (use code: XTRA10ACC—normally $86).
- Logitech MX Master 2S wireless office mouse for $49.99 at Lenovo (use code: MXMASTER50—normally $70).
- Apple Watch Series 6 (44mm, Red) smartwatch for $379.99 at Amazon (normally $410).
- TCL 10L (64GB) unlocked smartphone for $174.99 at Amazon (clip $75 coupon—normally $250).
- Aukey DR02 1080p car dash cam for $48.98 at Amazon (normally $70).
Smart home device deals
Accessories and miscellaneous deals
- Apple MagSafe Charger 15W wireless charger for iPhone 12 for $34 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $39).
- Apple Magic Keyboard for 11-inch iPad Pro (2nd gen) and iPad Air (4th gen) for $199 at Amazon (normally $289).
- Apple Magic Keyboard for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd/4th gen) for $249.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout—normally $330).
- Apple Smart Folio (White) case for 10.9-inch iPad Air (4th gen) for $39 at Amazon (normally $79).
- DJI Osmo Pocket handheld camera—12 MP, 4K@60Hz video for $199 at Amazon (normally $270).
- Jackery Explorer 500 portable power station—500W, 518wH, 3x USB-A, AC, 12V car outlet for $419.99 at Amazon and Jackery (clip $80 coupon—normally $500).
- Logitech Slim Folio keyboard case for iPad (8th/7th gen) for $84.99 at Amazon (normally $97).
- LapGear Sidekick lap desk with phone holder for $14.99 at Amazon (fits up to 15.6-inch laptops—normally $20).